15 April 2011

Back in Seychelles

After flying through the night, I arrived back on Mahe Island on Wednesday morning.  Immediately it hit me - humidity.  It then dawned on me that we're going into the hottest month of the year, so the next few weeks will be more of the same!  

I seem to be recovering quite nicely from the race on Sunday.  Of course, the day after I wasn't looking too clever, but I did manage a short recovery spin on the Monday.  This was the first time EVER that I'd done anything resembling activity the day after an Ironman, and I attribute that greatly to Extreme Endurance.  On Tuesday I managed another recovery spin before packing my bags up and getting ready to head home. 

Wednesday was a total rest day, with the exception of having a massage, which although painful at times, was great.  Yesterday I was on the bike again for a gentle spin and at sunset I headed down to the beach for a 1km swim.  That's right, I actually did some swimming!  Too bad I didn't show that dedication before the race.  I have yet to jog, but I think that I'll get the runners on tomorrow and take it slowly.  

The wheels are already in motion for preparing for Kona.  I'll talk about just what qualifying means to me in a separate blog post, but as you can imagine, to say I'm pleased would be an understatement.  The next 6 months will be tough, but I'll apply myself more than ever before.  With an injury free training block (and hopefully a little help!) I'm confident that I can go to Hawaii in the best shape of my life and improve on my 10th place last year.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on a great race Nick!!! See ya in Kona!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amanda, thanks so much - you too! Look forward to seeing you in Kona!

    ReplyDelete