1 December 2011

IMWA Diary – Day 3

The sun woke me up at 6am, hardly what I wanted after another day of travelling.  My plan for the morning was to meet an old friend who I went to school with in Seychelles, and who I hadn't seen in 13 years!  It was so nice to catch up and have a local show me some of the sights of the city.  After two days of little interaction on flights and in airports and hotels, it was great to meet a familiar face.  We headed to a cafe for breakfast, not far from the river.  We then went to Kings Park, a beautiful park with stunning views of the city centre.  I must say, my first impressions of Perth are very good and I hope I'll have the chance to explore the city a little more after the race.




After catching up we headed back to the International Airport, where I waited for the coach to Busselton at midday.  The coach, the final leg of the journey, nothing could possibly go wrong... until an hour into the trip where the driver pulled over, and after deliberation, told us that a hose had split and we'd have to wait for another coach to pick us up.  We waitted by the side of the highway for just over an hour until we were rescued, then continued south.  At 4pm I saw the 'Welcome to Busselton' sign and was dropped off at my homestay for the week.  It was great to meet the family and finally relax after the journey.  Time to get some rest ahead of tomorrows plans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment