13 June 2010

Taper Time

Ironman Austria, take two.  With 21 days to go to the race, the taper has now begun.  The last 3 weeks have been really positive, incorporating my longest run, bike and swim weeks of the year, respectively.  This year's training has been at a higher intensity than the past two years, so it will be interesting to see how that may influence my day.  

Since the race last year I've had a solid 12 months of consistent training, which I hope will pay dividends.  The aim come race day is to improve on last year's 9h52m and ultimately challenge for the age-group win.  One thing for sure is that it will be a very competitive race with a strong field.  

Unfortunately I won't be racing Ironman 70.3 UK next week, as I felt that last year it inhibited my preparation in the build up to Ironman Austria.  Let the countdown commence...

No comments:

Post a Comment